If you need a quick and easy covered dish for a party or tasty treats for holiday gifts here’s a winning recipe for Pretzel Turtles. They require only 3 ingredients and are ready in less than 15 minutes, love that!
Pretzel Turtles Recipe
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Makes about 55 Pretzel Turtles
55 Small Mini Pretzels (I use squares, but round or regular minis work too)
55 Chocolate Covered Caramel Candies (I use an entire 12 oz. bag of Rolo's)
55 Pecan Halves
1. Preheat Oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Arrange pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3. Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel.
4. Place one pecan half on each chocolate covered caramel candy. I used Raw Pecans, so this slightly toasted the pecans and made it super easy to make big batches of Pretzel Turtles.
5. Carefully transfer cookie sheet to oven and bake for about 4 minutes.
6. Remove cookie sheet from oven. While candy is warm, gently press pecan half into each candy covered pretzel. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. You can place the entire cookie sheet in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
Tips: If you’re taking these to a party, plan ahead and allow time for them to cool and set so they are ready to package for gifting or transport. You can always make some with a pecan on the bottom and top for those who are gluten sensitive (verify all ingredients are in fact wheat free if someone has sever reactions) or a pretzel on the bottom and top for those who do not like nuts.
They often receive rave reviews, so you may want to make an extra batch as they always seem to quickly vanish. If you feel like being extra fancy, try melting white chocolate to drizzle across the top.